Quicken changing tabs automatically

Options
dranyam
dranyam Member
I incorrectly added an account under the Investing tab. I quickly deleted the account and redid it under a savings account. Now every time I save something in my checking/savings registers, it pops me over to Investing. How can I stop this from happening. I do not have any Investments accounts, other than the one I deleted.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dranyam said:
    I incorrectly added an account under the Investing tab. I quickly deleted the account and redid it under a savings account. Now every time I save something in my checking/savings registers, it pops me over to Investing. How can I stop this from happening. I do not have any Investments accounts, other than the one I deleted.
    Hello @dranyam,   

We are sorry to hear about this problem with random movements between tabs. Thank you for telling us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dranyam, see if this solution posted by another user with the same issue fixes the issue for you:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20315648/#Comment_20315648

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dranyam said:
    When the Investing tab opens, what does it show? Is there some message requiring user action to be performed?
    Can you show us an image snapshot of the Investing tab as it pops up?
    What is the Startup default setting in Edit / Preferences / Startup for "Startup location"? Does this point to an Investing view or a non-existent account register? By default, this should point to the Home tab, either Dashboard or My Money.

This discussion has been closed.