Validate and repair file issue

I did a validate and repair file operation. When I went back into Bill and Income Reminders, I had a massive amount of bill reminders with $0 Auto enter totals. Is there a way to mass delete them AND, why did this happen?
Quicken Deluxe R46.12
Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Rick56 said:
    I did a validate and repair file operation. When I went back into Bill and Income Reminders, I had a massive amount of bill reminders with $0 Auto enter totals. Is there a way to mass delete them AND, why did this happen?
    Quicken Deluxe R46.12
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
    Hello @Rick56,    

We are sorry to hear about this problem with strange bill reminders being generated. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on the computer and not an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

Also, what prompted the Validate and Repair issue? Were there other problems with Bill Reminders prior to this?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    My file is on the internal storage drive (D:). I ran validate to see if I could fix a phantom spending item that has no category. The problem is that it is reported as being on my Wife's paycheck with a $0 cost. I have looked at the check that I built but see nothing listed like that. 

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Rick56 said:
    My file is on the internal storage drive (D:). I ran validate to see if I could fix a phantom spending item that has no category. The problem is that it is reported as being on my Wife's paycheck with a $0 cost. I have looked at the check that I built but see nothing listed like that. 

Hello @Rick56

We are sorry about this issue with phantom expenditures, and with $0 Reminders. Thank you for getting back to me with that helpful screenshot.

Unfortunately, given the nature of this issue, it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I do wish that I could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    I figured I would need support for this issue. In the meantime, I saved the file and restored a file that was saved prior to running validate. The bogus reminders are gone but still have the uncategorized entry. We can look into it to see what support thinks. May also be able to use the file I saved before restore to find out what went wrong with validate. 
This discussion has been closed.