Using Quicken Deluxe (subscription) with Windows 11, I'm unable to access Bills/Income and Planning

Jspillner
Jspillner Member
No problem accessing check register, but can't pay bills or add direct deposit from Bill/Income link - have to add everything to register manually. When I click Bills/Income link or Planning link, program freezes, and my only option is to close program or wait for it to respond, and it never does

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Jspillner said:
    No problem accessing check register, but can't pay bills or add direct deposit from Bill/Income link - have to add everything to register manually. When I click Bills/Income link or Planning link, program freezes, and my only option is to close program or wait for it to respond, and it never does
    Hello @Jspillner,   

We are sorry to hear about these issues with freezing and crashing. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jspillner
    Jspillner Member
    Yes, I've restarted multiple times - this has been happening since about 2 days after initial installation 9 days ago. I did delete and download Quicken again, but not following these steps - I'll try again - thanks!
  • Jspillner
    Jspillner Member
    I did the complete uninstall and reinstall, restarted yet again, and the problem persists. Although I can access checkbook, home, spending, investing, property and debt, and mobile and web from the links/buttons, if I click on bills & income or planning, the screen fades and the spinner spins, and pop-up box says program is not responding and my choices are only to close or wait for response. Kind of at a loss - although I'm able to enter everything manually, that's not the point of setting up all the recurring items...
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Jspillner said:
    I did the complete uninstall and reinstall, restarted yet again, and the problem persists. Although I can access checkbook, home, spending, investing, property and debt, and mobile and web from the links/buttons, if I click on bills & income or planning, the screen fades and the spinner spins, and pop-up box says program is not responding and my choices are only to close or wait for response. Kind of at a loss - although I'm able to enter everything manually, that's not the point of setting up all the recurring items...
    Hello @Jspillner,   

We are sorry to hear that this is continuing, although I appreciate that you took the time to let me know how the earlier recommendations seem to have affected the situation.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Let us know if this seems to resolve the issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jspillner
    Jspillner Member
    went through those steps completely, restarted, and when I opened Quicken, I had a notice that account wasn't synced, so I completed that. Restarted again after sync, and the original issue persists.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest booting Windows into Safe Mode with Networking and then trying to access Bills/Income.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jspillner
    Jspillner Member
    Something interesting I just discovered - I'm able to access the Bills/Income Reminders if I choose that option from the Tools menu drop down - it's only the shortcut button/link that freezes up - maybe that matters?
This discussion has been closed.