Quicken not seeing 3rd Vanguard Account

Options
bdg0296
bdg0296 Member ✭✭✭
Hi, I have 3 accounts in Vanguard a Rollover IRA, a Standard IRA, and Roth IRA the last two are new as of last week. Quicken only sees the first two and does not see the Roth. I even tried making a new data file and syncing from scratch in there and still it only sees the first two accounts. I reached out to Vanguard after Quicken support said to talk to them. But Vanguard says they have to issues on their end.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    He likely did the same thing I suggested you try - the "Reset Account" button.  Glad it is working now!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bdg0296

First 2 clarifications - in your last sentence above - did you mean to say Vanguard says they have NO issues?  And can you see the Roth IRA when on the vanguard website, and if so does it appear together with the other two accounts, or is it separate?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bdg0296
    bdg0296 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @bdg0296
    >
    > First 2 clarifications - in your last sentence above - did you mean to say Vanguard says they have NO issues?  And can you see the Roth IRA when on the vanguard website, and if so does it appear together with the other two accounts, or is it separate?
    >
    > Frankx

Sorry you are correct. Vanguard stated they had no issues on their end and to reach back out to Quicken. I can see all 3 accounts under the same login on Vanguards website they are all listed as separate accounts under my account section. Each having its own account number. I only have one login to Vanguard to access all my accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @bdg0296,

I would suggest that you open up the account register for the Roth IRA and follow these steps:

1) Click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right of the window;
    2) Select "Edit account details" > then select the "Online Services" tab;
    3) Click on the "Reset Account" button > then enter the account's password;
    4) You may be prompted to pick the correct account number from a list;
    5) You should receive a green checkmark indicating that the account was reset.

Hopefully you may also see downloaded transactions, if any.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx 

• bdg0296
    bdg0296 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was working with Quicken support called them back after Vanguard said they had no issue. He had me close out of Quicken and wait 45min said he "Reset" something on my account from his end. I did this and opened it backup and was able to the add the account. Not sure what he reset but it worked. Thanks for the assistance.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    He likely did the same thing I suggested you try - the "Reset Account" button.  Glad it is working now!

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.