Budget vs Actual doesn't total properly when "Non-Zero Actual/Budgeted" option is used

bmackey55
bmackey55 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Reports (Windows)
There are several other threads on this issue, but they are all closed and no solution was offered.

I have a Budget vs Actual report that I have used for years. I also have many categories that are no longer used. Therefore, I tried turning on the "Non-Zero Actuals/Budgeted" option in the "Advanced" tab.

Once done, the "Actual" column doesn't add up properly (See the attached screen shot).

What I have tried:
1 - Ran Validate and Report - No Issues
2 - Exported to Excel and double checked addition.

This appears to be a clear defect to me because the same report totals properly when "Budgeted Only" is used but not when "Non-Zero Actuals/Budgeted" is selected even though the line items are identical
Tagged:

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a saved report?  If so, have you tried recreating it from the original Quicken budget report? 
  • bmackey55
    bmackey55 Member ✭✭✭
    > @bmciance said:
    > Is this a saved report?  If so, have you tried recreating it from the original Quicken budget report? 

Yes, it is a saved report. I will try re-creating it. However, that's still a defect in my view.
  • bmackey55
    bmackey55 Member ✭✭✭
    > @bmciance said:
    > Is this a saved report?  If so, have you tried recreating it from the original Quicken budget report? 

Ok, so I recreated the report and behold it's working properly.

I still say this is a defect.
  • bmackey55
    bmackey55 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Update - I spoke to soon. I have recreated the issue with a new report.

Steps to recreate
    1 - Create "Current Budget" report with default options
    2 - Change to "Budgeted and Non-Zero Actuals"
    3 - Change to "Exclude Self-Transfers"

I have attached screen shots of each step

It would seem the combination of Steps 2 and 3 are required to generate the issue.

FYI - I use "Self-Transfer" transactions to record depreciation and appreciation of asset accounts. However, the report results are not changed when I exclude all "Property and Debt" and "Investing" accounts
This discussion has been closed.