Find / Replace Still Does Not Work

Options
This has been an issue that has spanned several updates. I just installed build 27.1.47.7 but see that find/replace still doesn't search the account I have open. The old F/R searched all my accounts, which I liked. This one only searched my Fidelity checking account, although I have five other Fidelity brokerage accounts. No matter which account I have open, F/R only searches my checking account. This has been reported many times, over several updates.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrhenry1 said:
    This has been an issue that has spanned several updates. I just installed build 27.1.47.7 but see that find/replace still doesn't search the account I have open. The old F/R searched all my accounts, which I liked. This one only searched my Fidelity checking account, although I have five other Fidelity brokerage accounts. No matter which account I have open, F/R only searches my checking account. This has been reported many times, over several updates.
    Hello @mrhenry1,   

We are sorry for any confusion regarding the Find & Replace feature. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

Are you simply trying to locate transactions from multiple accounts at once? If so, I want to make sure that you have tried making use of the global search feature, which is available through the Search Bar featured in the very top, right-hand corner of the screen, featured in the image below?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mrhenry1
    mrhenry1 Member
    Options
    No, I am not trying to search for transactions. Downloaded transactions from Quicken are populated with useless text in the Comments field, such as "YOU BOUGHT (bunch of spaces) CLOSING TRA." I used to be able to do a Edit...Find/Replace for (find) Memo (starts with) you. All the transactions across all the accounts are displayed. I saw that sometime back Quicken modified this so that the Replace field would default to the field searched for, so that it would show Replace (Memo) with (blanks); I'd press this and all the memo fields would be erased. Several updates ago the giant, unresponsive screen was displayed. That was finally fixed but now this function only searches my checking (non-brokerage) account. I doesn't even search the account I have open. I reported this several at each update via the Help...Report a problem, but it seems these didn't do any good. - Mike
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @quicken_jared Has the global search function been fixed in R47.7?  For me, in R45 and R46, it was not working correctly and only finding transactions in a few checking accounts and totally ignoring the investment accounts.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello @mrhenry1 and @leishirsute,   

Thanks for checking in with us for further information about this issue. We do apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

This is part of a known issue that our teams have developed a solution for, although this will be made available in a future update. Currently we do not possess an ETA regarding a resolution, however. We thank you for your patience, and for seeking information about what is happening here on the Quicken Community.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

(QWIN-21382/CTP-5110)
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @quicken_jared Thanks for acknowledging it is a known issue.  I was getting worried that so many new version of Quicken were being released without this issue being fixed.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R47.11 out and still no fix for FIND REPLACE features.  Strange that a solution has been developed and is not released.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R47.11 out and still no fix for FIND REPLACE features.  Strange that a solution has been developed and is not released.
    "Patience, my dear Patience."
    I'd rather the programmers take their time and thoroughly test a fix before they package it up for release instead of releasing it half-baked and making the hole deeper in doing so.
    :-)

This discussion has been closed.