Past-Due Single Instance Amount Resets to Default Reoccurring Amount

Options
Matt_Hickmott
Matt_Hickmott Member ✭✭
I setup a reoccurring transaction for widgets with a budgeted amount of $100 due on the first of each month, 01/01/23 in this example. On 01/15/23 I buy a widget for $20 and 'Edit this instance' and set the amount to $80. At the end of the month if there is any amount left, then I'll 'Skip this one'. But on 01/20/23 I run a 'One Step Update' and it reset's my 01/01/23 transaction to the default amount of $100. How do I prevent Quicken from resetting the single instance amount?

Comments

• Matt_Hickmott
    Matt_Hickmott Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ran a few tests and it is clearing out the 'Edit this instance' amount regardless if the transaction is overdue or upcoming. The application crashed (first time in a very long time) and prompted for details. Submitted report.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ran a few tests and it is clearing out the 'Edit this instance' amount regardless if the transaction is overdue or upcoming. The application crashed (first time in a very long time) and prompted for details. Submitted report.
    Hello @Matt_Hickmott,   

We are sorry to hear about these problems with transaction data reverting to previously entered information. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Matt_Hickmott
    Matt_Hickmott Member ✭✭
    Options
    The file shows to be on OneDrive. Note sure when I may have made that change, but I'll move it back to local again and re-test.
  • Matt_Hickmott
    Matt_Hickmott Member ✭✭
    Options
    No further issues found since moving the file back to local. Thank you!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No further issues found since moving the file back to local. Thank you!
    Hello @Matt_Hickmott,   

Thanks so much for checking back in with us to let us know about how things turned out once you moved the data file. I am happy to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.