Recurring transactions are showing as skipped. How do I fix that?

Options
rba
rba Member ✭✭
For some unknown reason, about a month's worth of recurring transactions started showing as skipped. I don't know how this happened. So last month I manually entered them, thinking that would fix the problem, but it didn't because they just rolled over to the next month, again, showing as skipped. How do I change these transactions back to recurring?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Edit the recurring Reminders (not the next reminders).  Toward the top it will show when the next transaction is due.  Change that to the date you want it to be and then click on Done.  This should reset the reminder correctly for all the remaining reminders.
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Click on the 1st Reminder that has a correct date.  Then do one of the following:
    • At the top left of the view, click on Edit which will open the edit Reminder popup.  You can then change the Due next on date and then click on Done.
    • Alternatively, on the right side of the highlighted Reminder, click on the down arrow on the right side of the Edit button and then click on Edit this and all future instances.  That will bring up the same edit Reminder popup.  You can then change the Due next on date and then click on Done.
    Follow the same process for the remaining other Reminders that have this issue.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Edit the recurring Reminders (not the next reminders).  Toward the top it will show when the next transaction is due.  Change that to the date you want it to be and then click on Done.  This should reset the reminder correctly for all the remaining reminders.
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

• rba
    rba Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, but I guess I don't know exactly where I'm supposed to do that. I've been going to Manage Bills & Income, then Bill and Income Reminders pops up. Starting March 1 it shows the dates correctly, it just had Skipped marked next to them. This is every payment thru March 15. After that it looks ok.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Click on the 1st Reminder that has a correct date.  Then do one of the following:
    • At the top left of the view, click on Edit which will open the edit Reminder popup.  You can then change the Due next on date and then click on Done.
    • Alternatively, on the right side of the highlighted Reminder, click on the down arrow on the right side of the Edit button and then click on Edit this and all future instances.  That will bring up the same edit Reminder popup.  You can then change the Due next on date and then click on Done.
    Follow the same process for the remaining other Reminders that have this issue.

• rba
    rba Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've entered Edit, several times. The dates are all correct, so there's nothing to change; however, I did change the dates and so far it seems to be working. Thank you for your help!
This discussion has been closed.