Budget disaster

Options
All my budget entries have been replaced with entries I didn't enter. Many hours of work just disappeared. Why did the software overwrite my entries?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Wolf said:
    All my budget entries have been replaced with entries I didn't enter. Many hours of work just disappeared. Why did the software overwrite my entries?
    Hello @The_Wolf,   

We are sorry about this issue with missing and unfamiliar budget items. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

Also, when did this issue begin? Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.