Online balance set to Zero for Capital One Checking account (Q Mac)

Options
Crawdad 1965
Crawdad 1965 Member ✭✭
Recently opened a Capital One checking account. So at this time I have very few transactions.
I have tried manual downloading and importing into Quicken to create a new account and reconcile, I have tried manually creating the account and importing and reconcile, I have tried manually creating the account and all transactions and reconcile. But every case when I try to reconcile the account after doing a download of data, the online balance is Zero. It is clearly not zero on the account itself... only in quicken.
As long as I enter data and never use a downloaded file it balances fine.

What am I missing or doing wrong here? I have other accounts that are working fine but this one.

Comments

• Crawdad 1965
    Crawdad 1965 Member ✭✭
    Options
    There's not one other person using Quicken for Mac who has a Capital One checking account?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's not one other person using Quicken for Mac who has a Capital One checking account?
    Hello @Crawdad 1965

We are sorry about these issues with the online balance and the Reconcile feature. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Do you have any transactions listed as 'Pending' on your Wells Fargo accounts? Also, have all manually entered transactions (if these are present) been cleared?

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 

You may then add your Wells Fargo-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the Tools menu in the upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the upper central-left hand side denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Crawdad 1965
    Crawdad 1965 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's not Wells Fargo, it is Capital One.
    I have performed this step and can confirm it continues either by setting up as a connected account or by setting up manually.
    I have opened the downloaded file in MS Excel and found that the balance fields created though download process are showing ZERO.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not Wells Fargo, it is Capital One.
    I have performed this step and can confirm it continues either by setting up as a connected account or by setting up manually.
    I have opened the downloaded file in MS Excel and found that the balance fields created though download process are showing ZERO.
    Hello @Crawdad 1965,    

I do apologize for any confusion in my earlier comment, and thank you so much for letting me know about the results from the test file. 

One additional question: do you know Connection Type the Capital One accounts are making use of? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. I want to verify that Quicken Connect is the one currently in use.

I look forward to your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.