Quicken crashing new version won't run

Options
Private User
Private User Member ✭✭✭
From previous posts I have been waiting for a patch to come out that doesn't crash, and doesn't take 5 seconds for every transaction entered and can actually download transactions (the latter is moot at this point). So I downloaded 47.7 and now I get a message that it won't run because it was released after my subscription expired.
I mean I get the whole subscription thing, but the later 45.x and ALL 46.x releases were pretty much a cluster @#$%. Leaving people on an unstable set of releases and making them backtrack to a version that was released 2 months BEFORE a reasonable working version is simply not right. I should be entitled to a working version (without the downloading) that I don't need to jump through gyrations to get to.

I guess I need to waste another hour of my time having to backtrack and dig up & install mondo patches because I need to look up some old transactions to finalize my migration.

Thanks for the farewell present.
Quicken user since Sep 1990. With a lot of sadness, I switched to something else. Used quicken at least three times a week for 32 years; hard to let go. 35+ years in IT Infrastructure and IT Security. Current Job 31 yrs. Married 30yrs..

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Private User,

I have to assume that you are thinking "to add insult to injury..."!!!

Sorry to see you go, but I completely understand your frustration.  I wish you much good luck in the future!

All the best,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Private User
    Private User Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty much. Not as sorry as I am though, having to bail after this long, I really thought (and still hope) they get it together. Quicken was the bomb. Should be the greatest product ever after 30 years.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Quicken user since Sep 1990. With a lot of sadness, I switched to something else. Used quicken at least three times a week for 32 years; hard to let go. 35+ years in IT Infrastructure and IT Security. Current Job 31 yrs. Married 30yrs..
  • eeyore6802
    eeyore6802 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    [Removed - No Soliciting] This has been very frustrating I have uninstalled and reinstelled the program 4 times in the past 2 weeks and been talking with support all the time. This is getting really old really fast and really making a program you pay for basically useless
  • Tazz
    Tazz Member
    Options
    I purchased this copy June 2022 Trying to reinstall on my office computer cannot get to work...
  • Tazz
    Tazz Member
    Options
    I have purchase many of these quicken products for the last 10 years why now..........
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Tazz,

How, and from whom, did you "purchase" a "copy" of Quicken?  You do know that Quicken is now a subscription, that has an expiration date - right?

Depending on when your "purchased" it and from whom you purchased it, you may - or may not- be able to activate that subscription.  Please give us specific information on from whom, or where, you purchased it and the expiration date on the packaging, and we may be able to help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.