Wells Fargo Connection Issue

Beijing Mac
Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
I have my Wells Fargo checking account Online Service (connection) activated:

If I try to perform an update I get the following:

As you see, the "update" button is not active and I am unable to perform an update.

This is for my 4 personal accounts -- 2 Checking, 1 Savings & 1 CC.  I have 6 business accounts (3 checking & 3 savings) and their OSU window has the "Update Now" button active.

Should I deactivate the connection for all and reset, deactivate for the 4 personal and reset?  or any other suggestions?  even though it shows that I have an active online connection, Quicken is not downloading any transactions when I perform a Master OSU.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have my Wells Fargo checking account Online Service (connection) activated:

If I try to perform an update I get the following:

As you see, the "update" button is not active and I am unable to perform an update.

This is for my 4 personal accounts -- 2 Checking, 1 Savings & 1 CC.  I have 6 business accounts (3 checking & 3 savings) and their OSU window has the "Update Now" button active.

Should I deactivate the connection for all and reset, deactivate for the 4 personal and reset?  or any other suggestions?  even though it shows that I have an active online connection, Quicken is not downloading any transactions when I perform a Master OSU.
    Hello @Beijing Mac,            

We are sorry about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Let us know if these steps seem to resolve the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭

Let us know if these steps seem to resolve the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    thank you for the quick response and suggestions. 

I have signed out and signed back in, then signed out, shut down all programs & rebooted computer and then signed back into Quicken and opened my account.  There is no change in my Wells Fargo accounts.

do you have any other suggestions?  
  • Quicken Jared
    edited February 2023
    @Beijing Mac,   

We are sorry about this issue with online banking services that seems to be continuing. Thank you for letting us know about these results. 

To be clear, are you experiencing issues when you try to update accounts using the Update button denoted circular arrow icon in the upper left-hand panel, just beside the Register? What happens when you click there? Are you noticing this only when trying to update individual accounts, or when trying to perform universal updates? I want to make sure I am understanding the details.

I am eager to hear your answers, and hope to provide further suggestions, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't work either way -- when using the Master Update:

or when trying to update individually.  

Basically these 4 WF accounts stopped updating, I typically do the Master or Universal Update.  when it appeared that these accounts were missing activity, I checked and everything seemed ok, but they were missing transactions.  So I tried to update individually, that didn't seem to work, but again, no error message and Account Details seemed to indicate all ok, then tried to "Fix" under account details and all steps seemed to go per the plan, but the transactions did not download (this is when I have Quicken and my browser open side by side and I am doing a visual comparison of the accounts).

I have tried to delete the connection and then add it back, but no luck.

I  have downloaded transactions from WF site and import into my Quicken -- the problem is that these downloaded & imported transactions don't "match" for the transactions already in my register.  so depending on time frame, you have a large number of transactions to manually compare one by one.  And after this download and import, the sync still won't download any new transactions.

Hope that gave more insight.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Quicken Jared
    Doesn't work either way -- when using the Master Update:

or when trying to update individually.  

Basically these 4 WF accounts stopped updating, I typically do the Master or Universal Update.  when it appeared that these accounts were missing activity, I checked and everything seemed ok, but they were missing transactions.  So I tried to update individually, that didn't seem to work, but again, no error message and Account Details seemed to indicate all ok, then tried to "Fix" under account details and all steps seemed to go per the plan, but the transactions did not download (this is when I have Quicken and my browser open side by side and I am doing a visual comparison of the accounts).

I have tried to delete the connection and then add it back, but no luck.

I  have downloaded transactions from WF site and import into my Quicken -- the problem is that these downloaded & imported transactions don't "match" for the transactions already in my register.  so depending on time frame, you have a large number of transactions to manually compare one by one.  And after this download and import, the sync still won't download any new transactions.

Hope that gave more insight.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    @Beijing MacBeijing Mac"

We appreciate your efforts in letting us know more about what's happening. We are sorry that this problem remains even after the earlier recommendations were utilized.

Save another backup, then proceed to Deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to reveal all available accounts and see if this will help solve this issuePlease, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Let us know what you see after trying this out.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    So I was able to get all 10 of my WF accounts active again by deactivating them all then did the "add" routine and reconnected them.  Everything seemed ok except that it did  not download any missed activities.  This was not bad for most of them, except for the credit card.  it had about 15 transactions and I wanted to download them rather than manual entry.  any attempt at update would not downnload the "missed" transactions. 

So I went to the bank's website and did a download for that CC account for the missing dates (like past 6 weeks).  I was then able to upload / accept into the CC account in Quicken.  However, if I tried to do an update in Quicken for that account, it did not do an online sync now, it would take me to WF website.  Apparently by importing a download file, I broke the online setup.  

No problem, I deactivated that 1 account and did a "re-add".  All seems fine, except, that it now won't do an online update, that button is greyed out.  So now I need to redo everything?   What a hassle.
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭

is there a way to change teh Connection Method for this Visa / CC account?  is it under Reset or do I deactivate and re-connect?

anyone with prior experience?
  • Quicken Jared

is there a way to change teh Connection Method for this Visa / CC account?  is it under Reset or do I deactivate and re-connect?

anyone with prior experience?
    Hello @Beijing Mac,      

Thanks for letting me know about what has transpired since our last interaction. We are sorry that the issue with downloading transactions during an update is continuing.

Save another backup before attempting any further instructions. If you haven't already, review the information provided in the Support Article linked here with respect to changing account connection methods. Have you tried Reset the Visa Credit account previously? If so, I would recommend selecting Deactivate in this case.

I am eager to hear about your results after trying this out.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.