re: RBC MFA errors - why are all the threads in this forum closed?

Options
Mustard
Mustard Member ✭✭
I have read multiple issues of the same thing and exactly what I've experienced these past couple of months yet all threads are 'closed' an no resolution offered.

[Removed - Speculation]
Extremely frustrating and if no resolution soon, I'll be requesting a 100% refund.

Ridiculous really.

Anyone have any workarounds that have helped at all?

Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mustard said:
    I have read multiple issues of the same thing and exactly what I've experienced these past couple of months yet all threads are 'closed' an no resolution offered.

[Removed - Speculation]
    Extremely frustrating and if no resolution soon, I'll be requesting a 100% refund.

Ridiculous really.

Anyone have any workarounds that have helped at all?

Thanks!
    Hello @Mustard,

We are sorry about any confusion regarding the closure of previous Discussions. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, note that Discussions on the Quicken Community are closed after one month without further activity. Are you being affected by multi-factor authentication issues? If so, can you tell us more about what is happening, at the moment? Also, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. 

Let us know about this if you get the chance to check back in with us.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jared: This issue is very well documented and is affecting a large number of users...  and Quicken just keeps ignoring it. The issue is that RBC Royal Bank has implemented Multi Factor Authentication and if you use the RBC Mobile App the way RBC has configured MFA prevents you from using Express Web Connect. When the Intuit aggregation server attempts to Login to RBC Online Banking to get transactions, it triggers a MFA event. Even if you are on your phone at that time, it won't let you authorize the login.

I have found a workaround for the issue. It is not a good workaround, but it is all I can do for now. My workaround is to manually turn MFA OFF in the RBC Online Banking. Some people say they can't turn it off. I have been able to turn MFA OFF and keep using the App, but other people claim they can't do that.

Regardless of the Workaround, Quicken should be working with RBC Royal Bank over this issue. RBC Royal Bank is the largest bank in Canada. Quicken should expect to lose a lot of customers if it doesn't get this issue resolved... and the issue has been ongoing for something like a year, maybe more.

Yes, I have reported the issue using Report An Issue and contacted Quicken Support and like the OP for this thread indicated you just keep ignoring all the complaints and closing the threads. The threads go dormant because there is nothing else to say. MFA with RBC Royal Bank Canada is not compatible with Quicken... and that is a big issue.
  • Mustard
    Mustard Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well said - thank you @"Arctic Hare " .

The RBC MFA acknowledgment on a trusted device times out instantly. I cannot connect at all to anything anymore @Quicken
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mustard said:
    Well said - thank you @Arctic Hare .

The RBC MFA acknowledgment on a trusted device times out instantly. I cannot connect at all to anything anymore @Quicken
    Exactly. I have been able to work around that issues by disabling MFA in the RBC Online Banking website. Some other users claim they are not able to change the setting that I have changed to switch off MFA. I do continue to use the mobile app and I have disabled MFA. Frankly, I wish I could keep MFA enabled, but I'm presently choosing turning off MFA so that I can use Express Web Connect.

@Quicken Jared: I hope that you escalate this issue. It is a serious issues - a show stopper - for Quicken users who bank with Canada's largest bank.
This discussion has been closed.