Changing 'Account Intent' not updating in saved reports

DPP28
DPP28 Member ✭✭
Under Account Details, Display Tab I revised the Account Intent to 'Investment' in the pulldown. This account now displays correctly on the left pane, however, when I open a saved report, this account still shows up under Bank Accounts (even though I changed it's account intent to 'Investment'). Why doesn't this account also show up under Investment Accounts in my saved report?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DPP28

The reason that is happening is because you are opening a "saved" report, and a saved report does not automatically change its parameters when it is reopened.  To fix that, you should either setup a new report in Quicken that will sort correctly, or try to modify and then save again the original report.  I haven't tried the second method, so I cannot say whether that will work correctly.  But I do know that my first suggestion will fix the problem you are having.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Thanks - but I tried creating a brand new report from scratch. When the window appears to Select Accounts, the account in question still shows up as Bank, even though I edited the specific account in the pulldown to Investment (and it shows in the left pane under Investment). I suppose I could delete and re-add the subject account, however I will then lose the transaction history which I really don't want to do. Any other suggestions? Thanks
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account intent is different from account type. You can change the former, but not the latter. Intent is what shows in the Account Bar.
    You could try creating a new account the way you want it and copying all the transactions into it. If that works, then you can delete the old account. Back up first.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Thanks! Is there a (easy) way to copy and paste multiple transactions at once?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPP28 said:
    Thanks! Is there a (easy) way to copy and paste multiple transactions at once?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160099/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts#latest

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Not sure this link helps, as I’m trying to copy and paste transactions from a non-investment (Banking) account to the newly created Investment account. The link seems to only address moving transactions within the same type of account (B to B, or I to I). I’m trying to find an easy way to transfer multiple transactions from an existing Banking account to a newly created Investment account. I’m guessing due to formatting, this may not be possible?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all clear what real-world type of account this is, but you can try this—
    In your newly created investment account edit the account details to have it use a linked checking account. That will create a new pseudo-account among the banking accounts. 
    You may then be able to move the transactions from the prior account to that linked account. 
    Now back to edit new account details and undo the linked checking account setting. Those transactions will get relocated back to the main investment account. 
    Just remember to have a good backup handy. 
  • DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Thanks - I tried this but it still didn't work properly in that some attributes weren't brought over, and also messed up the current checking account (again, I think the formatting is different from Banking vs Investment). Fortunately, I kept an accurate backup; I'll make it work. Too bad changing the intent doesn't also allow Reports to be created with the revised attribute.
This discussion has been closed.