Comenity as an online biller

Options
I am able to establish my Lands End Visa as a credit card account, and can download transactions. I am trying to add Comenity Bank as an online biller, so I can download bills. In the "Search for online Billers..." dialog, a search for Lands End Visa fails, and a search for Comenity Bank provides a result for Comenity Direct, with a URL of direct.comenity.com. This link takes one to Bread financial (owner of Comenity), however the credentials that work to download transactions fail here. It seems that the URL is incorrect. Either

1. There is a URL that would expose a web service that provides a bill
or
2. Comenity Bank allows one to download transactions but not bills

Option 2 doesn't make much sense. I spent a fair bit of time on Comenity's tech support yesterday and got to level 3, but no one there could provide me with a correct URL, although their support page claims that they support integration with Quicken. Perhaps if Quicken engineers contacted Comenity engineers this could be solved. Can anyone shed more light on this issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwitton said:
    I am able to establish my Lands End Visa as a credit card account, and can download transactions. I am trying to add Comenity Bank as an online biller, so I can download bills. In the "Search for online Billers..." dialog, a search for Lands End Visa fails, and a search for Comenity Bank provides a result for Comenity Direct, with a URL of direct.comenity.com. This link takes one to Bread financial (owner of Comenity), however the credentials that work to download transactions fail here. It seems that the URL is incorrect. Either

1. There is a URL that would expose a web service that provides a bill
    or
    2. Comenity Bank allows one to download transactions but not bills

Option 2 doesn't make much sense. I spent a fair bit of time on Comenity's tech support yesterday and got to level 3, but no one there could provide me with a correct URL, although their support page claims that they support integration with Quicken. Perhaps if Quicken engineers contacted Comenity engineers this could be solved. Can anyone shed more light on this issue?
    Hello @dwitton,        

We are sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Please note, the URL seen in the Add bill screen is not necessarily the one used to connect. The one seen in these screens will typically direct users to the biller's customer service page and is known as the Homepage URL.

If clicking on the Homepage URL takes you to the wrong website or brings up a Page Not Found message, this could be because an incorrect URL is listed. 

If Quicken is displaying an incorrect Homepage URL, the payee will need to report this URL change to the Quicken financial services provider through their account manager.

This is the only method, as only the payee can confirm that the URL in Quicken is truly incorrect and not just experiencing temporary difficulties. Quicken Support cannot make this change.

At this time, the Comenity Direct biller is 'degraded.' I do not have an ETA available regarding when this biller will be available again. I apologize for not having better news. Were you searching for another biller?

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I recommend you logon directly to the biller, i.e., the credit card's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account. The biller will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

This discussion has been closed.