Missing Update transactions ability

Options
Gregoryrarthur
Gregoryrarthur Member ✭✭
I have always updated my transactions using the Download transactions link under my account details window but I got into the One Step update tool some how and now I am not seeing the Update after I click on Downloaded Transactions so I dont link to the bank website. How can I reverse this?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is that your problem?
    That "Download Transactions" button in the Downloaded Transactions tab morphed into a circular arrow icon at the right side of the view.
    I assume the programmers wanted to maximize the space available in the tab and removed the rather large button ... without telling us ...
    New icons and action items also appeared in the popup menu of the Actions icon in the register.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have always updated my transactions using the Download transactions link under my account details window but I got into the One Step update tool some how and now I am not seeing the Update after I click on Downloaded Transactions so I dont link to the bank website. How can I reverse this?
    Hello @Gregoryarthur,    

We are sorry about these problems with online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Do you mean that you are missing the One Step Update menu options, or just that no transactions are being downloaded after an Update? What accounts seem to be affected? What financial institutions are associated with them?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is that your problem?
    That "Download Transactions" button in the Downloaded Transactions tab morphed into a circular arrow icon at the right side of the view.
    I assume the programmers wanted to maximize the space available in the tab and removed the rather large button ... without telling us ...
    New icons and action items also appeared in the popup menu of the Actions icon in the register.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The OP's problem statement is not clear.
  • Gregoryrarthur
    Options
    @Quicken Jared,
    I have not lost my One Step Update menu options. It is working fine.
    I can download my transactions by using the One Step Update and thanks to @UKR for the note on location of the icon as shown above.

What changed is that where I now see "Downloaded Transactions", it used to say "Download Transactions", I would click on that tab and it would open up my bank online banking wed site for me to log in and down load the new transactions. I guess the One Step Update is actually easier to use, once you have set up all your accounts.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jared,
    I have not lost my One Step Update menu options. It is working fine.
    I can download my transactions by using the One Step Update and thanks to @UKR for the note on location of the icon as shown above.

What changed is that where I now see "Downloaded Transactions", it used to say "Download Transactions", I would click on that tab and it would open up my bank online banking wed site for me to log in and down load the new transactions. I guess the One Step Update is actually easier to use, once you have set up all your accounts.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    You have switched from using Web Connect, which requires you to log into your bank accounts and initiate the download, to Express Web Connect, where Quicken (via an Intuit aggregation server) logs into your bank accounts once a day on your behalf.
This discussion has been closed.