CITI CC-502 Cannot add new citi accounts and not syncing existing account

Options
Starting last week, 1/22/2023, my CITI account stopped syncing. Quicken was not listed in the "Approved Apps" section of CITI but that had not impacted the syncing at this point. I tried adding it and continue getting CC-502 errors.

Looking for options to fix the problem.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dvrdn72 said:
    Starting last week, 1/22/2023, my CITI account stopped syncing. Quicken was not listed in the "Approved Apps" section of CITI but that had not impacted the syncing at this point. I tried adding it and continue getting CC-502 errors.

Looking for options to fix the problem.
    Hello @dvrdn72,    

We are sorry about these problems with online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for more information about this matter.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding Citi accounts and error messages of this variety. You can follow the link here for additional details and any future updates. We do not have an ETA at this time for a resolution for this issue, though our teams continue to work towards a solution. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • scottyrick
    scottyrick Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had this exact problem. Here is the solution. Citibank required you to change your password using a more secure protocol. They required you to do that sometime in the latter half of 2022. Unless you updated the Quicken password vault with the new Citi password, you will get error CC-502. I manually entered my Citi transaction for 4 months before discovering my error. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.