Altered files after update (file comparison)

Options
ftyminski
ftyminski Member ✭✭
Anyone know of a way to compare two Quicken Files to ID transaction differences?
Win 10 Home & Business. Two January's in a row, I did an update before our monthly reconciliation. Both times, caused balance mismatch on the BANK END vs Quicken balance on checking & savings accounts, Chase and USAA. After the 47.11 update I was prompted to Reauthorize with Chase, which had worked for about six-seven months. USAA had never failed. Then POW, mismatch. Quicken solution to rebuild and create new file. Balance still wrong after establishing and executing downloads.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone know of a way to compare two Quicken Files to ID transaction differences?
    No easy way.  You can print a portion or all (?) of the transaction history to paper, a pdf file, or copy Quicken report information to Excel but pretty much from there it would be leg (eye?) work.  Before getting that far, I'd be checking Opening Balance transactions; the very first transaction in each account.  Those have been known to get changed unexpectedly for unknown reasons.  I don't believe Quicken has ever acknowledged the issue or claimed a fix, so your Release may not be a real factor. 
    After the 47.11 update I was prompted to Reauthorize with Chase, which had worked for about six-seven months. ... Then POW, mismatch. 
    Too early to tell that significance.  The 'token' system applied with the EWC+ setup is suppose to regularly require reauthorization.  I've been asked for that once with one of my Chase cc accounts.  But no one has ever identified the time frame for regularly.   
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ftyminski said:
    You could export each QDF file into a QIF file, making sure the export settings are identical for both.
    Then use a text file comparator such as "fc" or "diff" on the 2 QIF files. If the differences are small, this works OK. If the differences are big, you'll still wear out your eyeballs.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.