American Express migration to 'better' connection

I get the option to enhance my already enhanced American Express several times per week, and it seems to work although I have now 2 connections instead of one. Wouldn't be a big problem to redo the enhancement if the enhancement didn't screw up my balance and transactions. Takes me 2-3 hours after enhancement to fix it. BEFORE YOU MIGRATE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A RECENT BACKUP! How can I prevent these recurring reminders to 'enhance'? Is it correct that after enhancement you have 2 conntections to American Express?

Comments

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭
    This is what I mean with 2 connections. I think the first one with the accountnumber is old but I'm not sure to delete it.
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    So far I've had to authorize 3 times.  But, at least it's working once I do.
  • pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭
    Done it 5 or 6 times and still get reminders to re-authorize
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I went thru the process this morning and it worked fine for me. I am on Windows version 47.11.
  • Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    I have 723 transactions to reconcile in the new account, and the old account is still there!? Looks like Quicken has given me another multi-day task. Thanks, Quicken! I need to learn to ignore Quicken update reminders till I'm sure the bugs are worked out.
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    @Bob Schenot -- Sounds like you accepted all, rather than linking to existing accounts that AMEX showed you in Q' when you went through the reauthorization process.  Suggest that you try again, but first Deactivate On-Line Services for each of your AMEX accounts (you could also just delete the new one). (Let me know if you need help in Deactivating.)   

Please refer to my following post for more detail on working with the accounts that AMEX shows you in Q' during the reauthorization process:

Problems with Reauthorization of Bank of America Accounts for Express Web Connect+

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭
    Guys, I think Bob's issue should be a separate discussion although it is related to the reauthorization. My issue is that Quicken repeatedly asks for reauthorization while the migration to new connection is already done, and that I have 2 connections after it.
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I was hoping the new connection method with American Express would fix the ongoing problem with the biller side of American Express. But it did not!
  • pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭
    Since the new, and better, communication with American Express, only a few transactions have the reference/memo field filled. So what 'better communication'? Loosing information is not better, now I have to add it manually
This discussion has been closed.