Quicken is not picking up a new Chase credit card

The card is listed as one of the authorized cards for Chase to transmit data to Quicken through the new authorization interface, but it does not show up in my Quicken account list, so I can't track spending for it.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird. I recently added a 2nd Chase credit card to my list. After authorizing it on the Chase website / Security Center / Linked apps webpage, all I had to do was use the "Add Accounts" icon in Quicken, select Chase, enter my Chase logon and the new card account was eligible to be added.
    Do make sure that your Chase security page does look like this, showing both cards.

In One Step Update I now have two entries for Chase looking similar to the above, with partial credit card numbers shown.
  • mcarugat
    mcarugat Member
    The new account shows up on the Chase/Security Center list, shows up on the list of accounts authorized for Chase to transmit. But when it comes time to link/add accounts between Chase and Quicken, it is no where on the list. I have 16 Chase cards, and am wondering if there is a limit to how many Chase accounts Quicken will accomodate. But really frustrating, as I cannot track spend on this account through Quicken
  • vwmantom
    vwmantom Member
    I have the same problem. What is the answer?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    mcarugat said:
    The new account shows up on the Chase/Security Center list, shows up on the list of accounts authorized for Chase to transmit. But when it comes time to link/add accounts between Chase and Quicken, it is no where on the list. I have 16 Chase cards, and am wondering if there is a limit to how many Chase accounts Quicken will accomodate. But really frustrating, as I cannot track spend on this account through Quicken
    Hello @mcarugat and @vwmantom,   

I am sorry to hear about this ongoing problem with accounts missing in the Add Account screen when trying to link new cards. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Note that - per the Support Article linked here - a user should be able to add up to 512 accounts within a particular Account Type. Do you have a large number of Banking accounts aside from your Chase accounts?

I look forward to your answer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I have similar issue, i see my new credit card showing up on the chase web page when going through the adding account process, but nowhere to be found when going back to Quicken. Only my existing credit card with Chase shows up in the Quicken page. Does anyone had a solution ? (Chase screen shows 7 credit card,but Quicken shows only 5)
  • WheatonB
    WheatonB Member
    It seems like nothing updates well anymore—Schwab or Chase. This is supposed to help us organize and save time—instead it leaves us anxious and unorganized. Thanks for not seeming to ever address these issues with any reasonable sense of urgency and customer perspective.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have similar issue, i see my new credit card showing up on the chase web page when going through the adding account process, but nowhere to be found when going back to Quicken. Only my existing credit card with Chase shows up in the Quicken page. Does anyone had a solution ? (Chase screen shows 7 credit card,but Quicken shows only 5)
    Are all 7 credit cards associated with the same bank logon ID?
    If so, on the bank website try to "Stop sharing data". In Quicken deactivate all card accounts including old, no longer used accounts which are still activated. Stop and restart Quicken and reactivate those bank accounts using the Tools / Add Accounts process (or click the "+" icon in the Account Sidebar title). Now carefully link accounts found at the bank to the correct Quicken account register.

• mcarugat
    mcarugat Member
    After multiple rounds with support, the solution that finally worked was to backup my existing file and create a new file. I then disconnected each Chase account from downloading, and then went through the process to connect Quicken to each Chase account. After a few rounds (the authorized user accounts seemed particularly challenging), all my Chase accounts are now correctly connected with Quicken. This was a really arduous process that needs serious software updates from Quicken to correct.
  • thomheinz
    thomheinz Member ✭✭
    1/26/23 Quicken Version R46-12. I am having the same problem. The new Chase card shows up along with 3 existing cards on the "what do you want to share" Chase page. I tried to "change account selection" and uncheck the existing cards but that doesn't work. And when returning to Quicken the card is not added. I added the card manually as an offline account but was not able to sync it with Chase. Creating a new file and disconnecting everything seems like a lot of work.
  • thomheinz
    thomheinz Member ✭✭
    Ok I got it to work. I backed up Quicken. I disconnected all Chase accounts in "Account Detail/Online Services." Then did "setup now" and all the accounts got connected even the new card was added.
  • Thanks for that info ... Just got a new Chase card and found your response. I don't have an hour to futz with something that should be a simple 2 minutes process. I'll try again after the next software update since it's not a high priority, but good grief, these bugs in Quicken really make me question if it's worth it anymore.
  • > @thomheinz said:
    > Ok I got it to work. I backed up Quicken. I disconnected all Chase accounts in "Account Detail/Online Services." Then did "setup now" and all the accounts got connected even the new card was added.

^ Confirming that this worked for me as well. Same issue - I had 2 existing Chase cards in Quicken and 1 new card that was not being picked up. The delete and reconfigure was a pretty quick process - all the accounts got picked up, including the new one. Just need to be careful linking the right accounts to the existing Quicken records. Thanks all!
  • Can also confirm that this works, but if you are heavily vested in the Chase ecosystem, be prepared for a long process. I have 12 accounts and it took me nearly an hour to disconnect everything. Once an account would be disconnected the app would spit and sputter in the background, switching from somewhat responsive to "(Not Responding)" in the title bar of the various windows. At times I felt like I was trying to interact with a BBS from the 90's over a 9600 baud modem. Quicken should fly on a gaming rig with 64 GB of RAM, yet here we are.

I reconnected all the accounts, which took some time to reconcile the account numbers against their name. It got maybe half of them right, trying to link retirement accounts to credit cards and checking accounts to loans. Some wouldn't even let me select the account, but then I discovered that you have to select "don't link" and then you can go back and select the correct account.

Once it seemed to be complete it flashed a few times and then just closed. When I opened it up it had a grey screen, like it was trying to block your access to the main window while another window was displayed. I closed and reopened and that went away. Then I clicked sync and waited with pregnant anticipation. No Chase accounts at all listed in the sync window. So we get to it all over again. Not just the sync. The removal and addition of online services. Now I see Chase in the sync/update window and it has an epileptic fit showing the registers, flashing like a 70's disco for a few minutes.

Shockingly, the balances now seem correct; but sweet mother of all things holy I am hating this software more and more!
  • Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    Also worked for me. I had only 2 already connected Chase credit accounts, and I used Account Details in each to deactivate. Then went to the Add Accounts function, and selected Chase as the provider. After the redirect to the Chase web site and subsequent return to Quicken all 3 accounts were listed, letting me link to the 2 existing registers and add the new one.
  • mcarugat
    mcarugat Member
    Please close this thread
This discussion has been closed.