How do I update my accounts with one-step update, when I try, Quicken unexpectedly quits.s

One-step update stopped working and Quicken closes unexpectedly when I try to update.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Hi @mnusbaum,

Any chance that you are using Quicken mobile?  Other users have recently reported to having Quicken freeze and a lot of them are using Quicken mobile.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• If you try creating a new Quicken file (go to "File" > "New Quicken File..." > "New Quicken File") and adding an account to it, does it update without crashing?
  • mnusbaum
    mnusbaum Member ✭✭
    I did open a new Quicken File, (test file) added two accounts to it and it would update correctly. When I then opened my data file in the same Quicken program it had the same problem of quitting unexpectedly.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mnusbaum,

That behavior could be an indication of a datafile problem.  I suggest that you first backup your current datafile and then Validate (and possibly Super-validate) your datafile.  Please follow the instructions (beginning with the section titled "Third, Copy your file and Validate"
    located at this LINK.

Let us know how that process goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mnusbaum
    mnusbaum Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your recommendations. However, I took your other solution. I uninstalled Quicken in windows and downloaded a fresh copy from the Quicken website. That worked, I was able to execute one step update, which worked for some of my accounts. I then reset the connections to other websites that required it. I think all is working now.
This discussion has been closed.