i have a serious reconciling error from Oct 2020. (Q Mac)

cnewell22
cnewell22 Member
I have have tried reconciling again with no success. there is an auto fill for quicken balance. how do i getrid of this?

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    I have a similar problem on one of my credit cards where Quicken decided that it thought my balance back in December 2020 should have been over $25,000 instead of just a few hundred. There doesn't seem to be any way to tell it that it's wrong other than to clear the reconciliation history and start all over again. I've just learned to accept that the reconciliation history for that account shows some wacky numbers because I don't want to have to repeat all the reconciliations on a 15 year old account.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Jon
    OK, I decided to try clearing the reconciliation history for the account & then just reconciling the entire account all at once using the most recent statement & that worked. There's just one single entry in the reconciliation history but every transaction up through the beginning of this month is reconciled & there's no bogus Quicken balances anymore. The only downside is the old monthly reconciliation history is lost, but at least the bogus numbers got thrown out along with everything else. If I really want to know what got reconciled in a particular month I can still go back to the account statements.

Answers

• Jon
    I have a similar problem on one of my credit cards where Quicken decided that it thought my balance back in December 2020 should have been over $25,000 instead of just a few hundred. There doesn't seem to be any way to tell it that it's wrong other than to clear the reconciliation history and start all over again. I've just learned to accept that the reconciliation history for that account shows some wacky numbers because I don't want to have to repeat all the reconciliations on a 15 year old account.

• Jon
    OK, I decided to try clearing the reconciliation history for the account & then just reconciling the entire account all at once using the most recent statement & that worked. There's just one single entry in the reconciliation history but every transaction up through the beginning of this month is reconciled & there's no bogus Quicken balances anymore. The only downside is the old monthly reconciliation history is lost, but at least the bogus numbers got thrown out along with everything else. If I really want to know what got reconciled in a particular month I can still go back to the account statements.

This discussion has been closed.