Quicken not reconciling due to one Savings Goal Transaction.

Options
Normally Savings Goals have have not been a problem for reconciling my account. Some cross months and some are intra-month. But today I have one Savings goal transaction of exactly $50 that is showing as a reconciling balance difference. Normally I download, then Accept transactions and when i click done the reconcile automatically kicks in. Sometimes there is the occasional transaction that has not cleared totally that causes me some issues but this is a first.

I downloaded from the bank
Accepted transactions
Reconciled the account
Then transferred money from savings goals (4 or 5) to primary checking for the month. Later I found one more I needed to transfer the next day. This one savings goal withdrawal is now showing as a balance error. Not sure why it picked this one or how to avoid it other than turning off auto reconcile and being more strategic in when I kick it off. I really like how it works now but, if I must I can change.

Any clues anyone?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MarkifyMe said:
    Normally Savings Goals have have not been a problem for reconciling my account. Some cross months and some are intra-month. But today I have one Savings goal transaction of exactly $50 that is showing as a reconciling balance difference. Normally I download, then Accept transactions and when i click done the reconcile automatically kicks in. Sometimes there is the occasional transaction that has not cleared totally that causes me some issues but this is a first.

I downloaded from the bank
    Accepted transactions
    Reconciled the account
    Then transferred money from savings goals (4 or 5) to primary checking for the month. Later I found one more I needed to transfer the next day. This one savings goal withdrawal is now showing as a balance error. Not sure why it picked this one or how to avoid it other than turning off auto reconcile and being more strategic in when I kick it off. I really like how it works now but, if I must I can change.

Any clues anyone?
    Hello @MarkifyMe,         

We are sorry about this problem with Reconciling accounts and finding . Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

Let us know about what you find after attempting these steps, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.