Imported Quicken Windows data file loses memo field for scheduled transactions

Options
MontanaKarl
MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
When a QWin data file is imported/converted from QDF/QXF to Quicken Mac, the memo field on any scheduled transactions is lost.

This was reported by @CSlug in this topic:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20338840#Comment_20338840

I've confirmed this in my file which was converted to QMac a few weeks ago, and noted that while the main memo field is gone - and has to be edited back manually for every transaction - the memo/notes for any split transaction lines is carried over to the Mac.  This is the only known data loss I've seen so far in the conversion process.

This happens for both bills and income, so I'll just give two examples - one without a split and one with a split, showing the Windows settings and the result on the Mac after file conversion:

The memo that this is for Britbox is gone after conversion/import to the Mac:

Here's a split utility bill - with a main memo that does not appear on the Mac conversion.  But the notes/memos for the split transaction lines do convert:

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @MontanaKarl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. 

I have forwarded this thread to my team to be further investigated. For now, could you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation?

We appreciate it!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MontanaKarl
    Options
    Hi @Quicken Jasmine  Thanks for posting and forwarding this thread.  Sharing log files will not show anything because this is an issue with the import process.  The developers would need the original Windows data file as well.  They can create an empty file with one memorized transaction in Windows and import that into Mac to see the bug.  :)

• MontanaKarl
    Options
    I have forwarded this thread to my team to be further investigated. For now, could you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation?
    Actually, I had submitted a sanitized data file and all log files as part of another investigation with Quicken Victoria in this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20336331#Comment_20336331

Nothing would be different if I sent newer files, as the omission of the scheduled transaction memo occured during conversion even earlier than that.  Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.