? Fix for loss of Bill Manager Quickpay capability

Options
jnork
jnork Member
The last upgrade of Quicken seems to have inactivated Bill Manager capability. Attempts to reset with bank info unsuccessful. Suggestions?

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Has your bank recently required you to re-authorize your accounts? And, in the process, changed the download protocol from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect+"?
    If so, the bank no longer supports Quicken Online Bill Pay, making it impossible for Quicken to send bill pay instructions to the bank.

You have these alternatives:

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• jnork
    jnork Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My bank did recently move to a new platform and is connecting thru Express Web Connect. Thanks for your help!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Has your bank recently required you to re-authorize your accounts? And, in the process, changed the download protocol from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect+"?
    If so, the bank no longer supports Quicken Online Bill Pay, making it impossible for Quicken to send bill pay instructions to the bank.

You have these alternatives:

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• jnork
    jnork Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My bank did recently move to a new platform and is connecting thru Express Web Connect. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.