Registers no longer reflect future transactions in balance.

Options
Sam Street
Sam Street Member ✭✭
So in one of the numerous upgrades Quicken now does not reflect future transactions in the balance? Is there a setting for this?!?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To clarify...
    You're talking about the Column labeled "Balance", the "running balance" as transactions increase and decrease that amount, not one of the "Balances" down at the bottom of the screen in a Register?  If that's the case, what are you seeing in that Column with future transactions?  A blank where there should be number, or is the current balance just being carried forward "as if" the future transactions weren't even entered?
    Possible to get a screen shot of what you're seeing?  And, what version are you running.
    There is no setting that I'm aware of that would give this result.  You've closed and opened Quicken, maybe even shutting down the computer and restarting?

• Sam Street
    Sam Street Member ✭✭
    Options
    I found the solution. In Accounts right click on the affected account and change the setting from show current balance to show ending balance. Very frustrating trying to get help on this, chat would would not work, and the help phone line is helpless! I am about to give up on Quicken after 20 years!
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you state "in Accounts", what are you referring to?  It sounds like you're referring to the Account Bar, that column of all Accounts in your file on the left or right of your screen.  Right clicking on any Account in the Account Bar and making that selection affects all the Accounts in the Account Bar.
    But you said "Registers" in your headline, and that referrers to the list of transactions you see when you are actually in an Account.  But you were actually referring the the Account Bar?
This discussion has been closed.