Bill pay reminder not entering transaction

I have more than one bill-pay reminders set up in Q, but one of them does not actually "ENTER" the transaction when I click on "ENTER". I have to manually enter it. It is a monthly bill I pay from a credit card account. Other scheduled bills using the same account work perfectly well.

I get a popup asking if this is the scheduled transaction, I say YES, but it doesn't enter the transaction in the register.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try saying NO instead. Answering Yes to that pop up tells Quicken you have already entered the reminder into your account register. Yes is the same as Skipping the reminder.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    The account tells me I have transactions due. After opening the account, I scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the transaction that is due and click on "ENTER". That's the same process I use for the ones that work correctly. I don't know why this particular on does not actually enter the transaction in the register. It is a recurring transaction just like the rest, and it is set up just like the rest.

There in no "pop-up" so I don't understand what you may be referring to.
  • mshiggins
    Ken267 said:
    I have more than one bill-pay reminders set up in Q, but one of them does not actually "ENTER" the transaction when I click on "ENTER". I have to manually enter it. It is a monthly bill I pay from a credit card account. Other scheduled bills using the same account work perfectly well.

I get a popup asking if this is the scheduled transaction, I say YES, but it doesn't enter the transaction in the register.

Emphasis added to your original post. 

Are you or are you not getting a pop up asking if the reminder you are entering is the scheduled transaction. 

• Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    No i do not. My previous comment is the way it works on my system.
    When a transaction is due, there is an indicator next to the account list on the right-hand side of the "First Page" screen.
    I then open the account and the register is displayed. At the bottom of the register there is a message that tells me I have (1) transaction due. (there could be more than (1), in which case the number in parentheses would show how many).

I click on this message and the reminder transaction(s) are/is displayed with the option to enter it; skip it; (and maybe delete it, i don't
    remember)
    I click on enter. Nothing happens with this particular reminder, it just goes out of the list, whereas all my other reminders actually enters the transaction into the register.

Makes no sense.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the Due Date on that reminder? Is it a future date?
    And is your register filtered to not show future dated transactions (e.g. Filter Dates = Last xx days)?
    I would guess that this is a likely cause why the reminder appears to disappear.
  • mshiggins
    Here is the pop up I thought you were referring to. 

If you are not seeing this pop up, then perhaps your issue is a bad reminder. Try deleting the reminder and recreating it. 

• Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    I don't get those popups. All i get is the "Bill and income reminders (2 due) as is displayed on your sample screen
    If I click on that, it shows me the transactions that are due.
    I'v been using Q since the 1990's and never had this issue before.
  • Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    by the way, I'm using the latest version of Q Premier.
  • Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    PROBLEM SOLVED. It was my mistake in setting it up. Things work fine now.
    Sorry. I thank all who tried to help.
This discussion has been closed.