I have lost all my data files from the last 15 years

My computer FORCED an update to Windows 11. Hate it. I seem to have lost all my data files. Tried to recover backup files - no files found. HELP HELP please please.

Answers

• Correction....Whatever UPDATE was done it is still Windows 10. But after whatever update I seem to have lost all my data and original computer setting were even messed up.
  • akwbaw
    akwbaw Member
    >:) My data files have also become completely scrambled - information totally out of sequence, and repeated in years of meaningless entries. Can I retrieve any of it, or at least reconstruct recent entries?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DiAnnLynn and @akwbaw,   

We are sorry about this problem with missing files. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, do you know if any of these data files were being stored on a cloud-based storage service, such as OneDrive? Are the files missing in File Explorer? Also, do you still have access to launching the program; is the launcher still available on the desktop?

I look forward to your response, and hope to provide further assistance, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Thanks Jared. Quicken Launch to program is still on desktop. Qdata files were saved in Carbonite and OneDrive. I had also lost access to Microsoft 365 Word-Excel-Powerpoint..etc. Thankfully my daughter reinstaalled Microsoft and those files are back. She found my Qdata files in 'the cloud' and downloaded them. For now, all looks good. Thank goodness daughter was here....Thank you for reaching our Jarod. Appreciate it.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DiAnnLynn said:
    Thanks Jared. Quicken Launch to program is still on desktop. Qdata files were saved in Carbonite and OneDrive. I had also lost access to Microsoft 365 Word-Excel-Powerpoint..etc. Thankfully my daughter reinstaalled Microsoft and those files are back. She found my Qdata files in 'the cloud' and downloaded them. For now, all looks good. Thank goodness daughter was here....Thank you for reaching our Jarod. Appreciate it.
    Hello @DiAnnLynn,   

Thanks so much for getting back to us about this, and for letting us know about this recent development. I am happy to hear more about the assistance that your daughter was able to provide, and that the situation appears to have been resolved. 

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.