Quicken won't open

rexdietz
rexdietz Member ✭✭
I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken (which I have used since 1987) ... not worth going into why at this point. To make a long story shorter, when I launch Quicken the badge opens on my screen, then it stops. The program never opens. It shows in Task Manager.

In Task manager I see 5 copies of "rundll32" running under Quicken. I can't help but think this could be the problem. Spent an unproductive hour on the phone with Quicken support. Uninstalling and reinstalling, running as administrator, turning off windows defender, etc. NO JOY! Please help.
Tagged:

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the data file size increasing while you are waiting for the program to open?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check that it isn't your Firewall / AV settings getting in the way of Quicken. Those rundll32 tasks are attempting to "call home" to the Quicken server.
    Your Firewall settings must allow Quicken to establish outbound Internet connections for these programs:

• _marlonherrera1
    _marlonherrera1 Member ✭✭
    just restart in safe mode on the Mac install and you are all set good luck
  • I was starting Quicken and it started to do an update. Somehow my computer "locked" and the update was not finished. I closed quicken and tried to restart it. This statement came up on the screen Unable to initialize Quicken run-time components. Restart windows and try running Quicken again. If the problem persists, please visit Quicken.com/support. I turned off my computer and restarted it and the same message came up when I attempted to open Quicken. What do I do next?

This discussion has been closed.