What is the maximum number of securities that are allowed in Quicken?

Mike-Ott
Mike-Ott Member
edited March 2023 in Investing (Windows)
When I ran Validate and Repair File on my QDF, the report stated "Maximum security reference: 255, number of securities: 215." If Quicken is truly limited to 255 securities, I am going to need to delete old securities.

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    The maximum number of securities is really unknown. There is a reference to a max of 2000 “trackable” securities, but a number of users have blown well past that number with no identified impact. 

The reference you cite (my interpretation) is saying somewhere in your file is a reference to a security internally numbered 255 and you currently have 215 securities. That does not indicate a problem. If the Max Ref was 50,000, that would be a problem. 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Mike-Ott said: When I ran Validate and Repair File on my QDF, the report stated "Maximum security reference: 255, number of securities: 215.
    you can see your QDF file stats here .....  Help --> (shift)+About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    The maximum number of securities is really unknown. There is a reference to a max of 2000 “trackable” securities, but a number of users have blown well past that number with no identified impact. 

The reference you cite (my interpretation) is saying somewhere in your file is a reference to a security internally numbered 255 and you currently have 215 securities. That does not indicate a problem. If the Max Ref was 50,000, that would be a problem. 
  • Mike-Ott
    Mike-Ott Member
    Thanks, this makes sense.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Mike-Ott said: When I ran Validate and Repair File on my QDF, the report stated "Maximum security reference: 255, number of securities: 215.
    you can see your QDF file stats here .....  Help --> (shift)+About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Mike-Ott
    Mike-Ott Member
    This is good information - thanks.
This discussion has been closed.