American Express CC-501

Options
My American Express accounts that have properly downloaded for years have been getting a CC-501 error for the last ~10 days. " Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server.

I have waited and tried again over the last couple weeks with no luck.

I contacted Quicken support over chat and got a rude and unhelpful comment that something was wrong with YOUR account but nothing constructive.

What do i do? How do I resolve this? I've been using quicken for over 20 years and have never had an issue downloading from any financial institution for more than a couple days.

Comments

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had some luck fixing CC-501 errors by logging out of my Quicken account and logging back in. Doesn't always work, but its worth a try. Good luck!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    • Click the "Sign in as a different user" link on the right side.
    • Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your existing Quicken ID.
    If @mrzookie 's advice does not resolve the issue you're most likely having a problem with AmEx's conversion process. They are in the middle of converting to a new, improved system, for better security, as they say.
    After creating a backup of your Quicken data file ...
    Deactivate ALL your American Express credit card accounts, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten ones that are still activated for downloading.
    When that's been done restart Quicken and use the "Add Account" process ("+" icon in the Account Sidebar title) to reactivate your AmEx credit card accounts. Be very careful to correctly LINK the accounts found at the bank to your already existing credit card registers.
  • gsmiler
    gsmiler Member
    Options
    This did not work any other ideas?
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @gsmiler

Contact Quicken support. Sometimes this error means they need to reset your account, and/or perform some other process that can only be done from their end. Happened to me once.
This discussion has been closed.