Prompt to send an online payment not displaying

BobF730
BobF730 Member ✭✭
The prompt to select Send Online Payment is not Displaying in the DropDown for Check #. I am using Quicken Deluxe for Windows Rel R47.15

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What financial institution do you use for your online payments? When did this issue start?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The checking account that you are using, is it correctly enabled for making online payments?
    Did you recently have to reauthorize your bank's accounts, Checking, Savings, etc. to use "Express Web Connect+" instead of "Direct Connect"?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    BobF730 said:
    The prompt to select Send Online Payment is not Displaying in the DropDown for Check #. I am using Quicken Deluxe for Windows Rel R47.15
    Hello @BobF730,  

We are sorry about this problem with missing options in the dropdown menus. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Is this affecting all of your accounts, or only accounts associated with a particular institution? When did this begin? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    Attached is the Screen Shot of the DropDown for Check #. Please note that this was working fine last week as I was able to send payments from my Primary checking account, The bank information is included
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bottom half of the Online Services screen should have the information about "Online bill payment". What does that say? If you wish to perform Online Bill Pay actions, this must be enabled.
    If it does, go into the Bills, Income & Transfers view, select the gear icon and click Review and Repair / Review and Repair Payment Accounts.
  • BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    There is nothing about Online Bill payment on the online service screen. Keep in mind that the Send Online payments was working correctly until I started Quicken today. I did send online payments from this account last week and it did return the online check numbers. I. E. this has been working correctly till this week
  • BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    To Jared. I have resolved the problem by restoring a prior version of my Quicken data. The only thing that I think happened was that I had imported a QFX file for Checking account (PNC Checking). This seemed to turn off the Bill pay feature removing the send online payment from the drop down.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BobF730 said:
    To Jared. I have resolved the problem by restoring a prior version of my Quicken data. The only thing that I think happened was that I had imported a QFX file for Checking account (PNC Checking). This seemed to turn off the Bill pay feature removing the send online payment from the drop down.
    That'll do it every time.
    Since you can't import a QFX file into an account register which is currently activated for downloading using One Step Update with Direct Connect or Express Web Connect, you must have deactivated the account prior to import. That also disconnects Online Bill Pay.
    IMHO, you should have imported into a new, temporary account register and then used "Move Transactions" to move the transactions from the temp register into your PNC account ... without upsetting Online Bill Pay.

This discussion has been closed.