Not able to get American Express to connect to quicken on Mac

I'm not able to connect my American Express account to Quicken on the Mac, either direct connection or quicken connection, gives this error when trying to use Quicken Connect - Missing flow parameter BodyParam code in AuthZGrantSpec - and gives this error when trying to use direct connect - OFX Error: 2000 - I have yet to find anything here on the quicken web site that gives any solutions.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    American Express is converting all "Direct Connect" - connected customers to a different download protocol, "Express Web Connect +". You should have received emails about that upcoming change several weeks ago.
    Deactivate all your AmEx credit cards and then reactivate them making sure to correctly reconnect each card to the matching account register in Quicken.
  • The American Express account is a savings account, not a credit card. It is a new account and this is the first time I am trying to get quicken to connect to it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all the other discussions in the Community about the New American Express Savings Account.
    At this time, it appears to me as if AmEx is not supporting this account for downloading ... yet?
    Have you called AmEx Support and asked for help?
    Whoever's in charge at AmEx must initiate contact with Intuit as the download service provider to establish contracts, software, hardware, whatever it takes to support downloading into Quicken.
  • I think your right on that, investigating more on the amex site and my next step is to contact them (sadly there live chat feature doesn't seem to do anything on a Mac in Safari lol). Thanks for the assistance. I'll update this as I find out more if it might help other folks looking for an answer to the same question.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your right on that, investigating more on the amex site and my next step is to contact them (sadly there live chat feature doesn't seem to do anything on a Mac in Safari lol). Thanks for the assistance. I'll update this as I find out more if it might help other folks looking for an answer to the same question.
    If you have, try a different browser. Or check the security settings in Safari to see which function is being blocked (popups, perhaps?)
  • Thanks for that good suggestion. I do run across many things that do not seem to work in a browser due to pop up's being blocked.
This discussion has been closed.