Can these errors be fixed? Investing / Portfolio tab

jah47Ed
jah47Ed Member ✭✭
On 10 Feb 23, I bought 20 shares of XYX at $63.205/share, no commission, total Cost: $1264.10 Under Investing /Portfolio, this stock shows and Average Cost per Share of $100,000,00; Cost Basis of -34, Mkt Value of $1,100, and -82 Gain/Loss. Seems that the only thing that is correct is the share amount : 20 Shrs. Deleting this entry from the account Registry and re-inputting it did not "fix". You cannot edit in the Portfolio itself.
Now what? Live with it? (I went into Account Registry and reviewed all entries for XYZ; they are all correct - no large erroneous $ amount. (OS: Upgraded to MS Win 11 Pro.)

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't reproduce this with a random ticker. Why don't you tell us the real ticker instead of a fake one?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Pick your favorite stock, maybe AAPL and see what happens. My real ticker symbol is DVN - for Devon Energy, headquartered here in Oklahoma City...
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited February 2023

I had already tried a random stock. I tried DVN and still can't reproduce your error. Which Portfolio View are you looking at? Maybe time for a Validate & Repair?

PS: sorry it dropped like a stone since you bought it. 😓

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Also - an assumption. Quicken subscribes with some "service provider" that provides NASDAQ/NYSE data, during the day after after markets' close. This may not be an internal error with Quicken - it might indicate the "service provider" has an issue with DVN.
    Just a thought, for what it is worth...
  • Rocket J Squirrel

I have never had DVN in my portfolio until I tested it for you. Price history looks fine. I think you may have data corruption.

• jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Yes DVN sold off - dropped like a stone - that is why I only committed $$ for 20 shares. I'll try this "Validate and Repair". DVN the only stock with 'weird" numbers. Thanks for quick reply.
This discussion has been closed.