Can't link AMEX card to existing account

Options
I did the change on the authentication to AMEX when Quicken prompted me to do it earlier in the month. After doing it, everything was fine. However, in the last week I can't download any transactions for either AMEX account that I have. So, today I deactivated the online connection and started over. When I started to reestablish the connection it sent me to the AMEX webpage, I logged in and checked off which accounts I wanted to give Quicken authorization too. It went through the process and then when it showed me the screen to link or add the accounts, I can't link one of the accounts to an existing account. I have had that account for over a year in Quicken. Any ideas why I can't link the account now

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have more than 1 AmEx card, prior to starting the authorization process, did you deactivate them all? You can't link to an account which Quicken thinks is already activated.

• trogers79
    trogers79 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I did. Just to make sure I did it again in each account and started the authorization process again and that time it allowed me to link my accounts. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.