Chase converted 1 account to 2 different names

Options
I had changed within Quicken the name of a credit card to indicate what it was were to be used for. During one (or both of the latest Chase conversions) Quicken created 2 accounts for the credit card - 1 with the name I set up and another with the actual name as known to Chase. I want to know what happens when I delete 1 or the other of the 2. The delete process indicates that they data will be set to unspecified account. Does this mean I will lose any view of the deleted account? I want to be sure that I have saved all the correct data in the account I leave open. FYI, while both accounts were in the system, updates were done to both accounts BUT not always the same. Some transactions went to one but not the other. This has been a nightmare for me. I can't believe that Quicken didn't test this conversion before they sent it out "live".

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Alan Edward ,

We are sorry about this problem with deactivating accounts, and for this negative interaction with support.

Can you tell us what seems to have gone wrong when trying to deactivate the accounts? To answer your earlier question about whether or not the deactivated account would still be ‘visible online:' if you are referring to the account being visible in your online banking history through the financial institution's website, then, ‘yes.' Otherwise, it will not be updated in the Quicken software after a One Step Update if it has been deactivated.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Options

Hello @Alan Edward ,

We are sorry about this problem with multiple accounts being created when trying to make use of online banking services. Thank you fo r looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

Which of the two Chase accounts appears to be still connected to online banking services? You can check this by navigating to Tools > Account List and then clicking the Edit button in the row associated with either account, then clicking on Online Services in the window that appears. The connected account will need to be deactivated; be sure to save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File… in the upper menu at the top of the screen before doing this, however. You can deactivate the account by making use of the steps listed here, under the heading, Deactivate an Account. Next, you will need to delete the account with the shortest transaction history using the steps listed in this Support Article. Finally, you may reactivate the remaining account by making use of the instructions provided in the first Support Article, under To Reactivate account(s).

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Alan Edward
    Options
    Will this deactivated account still be visible online?
  • Alan Edward
    Alan Edward Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    First of all, I messed up trying to deactivate/close one account in the hopes of at least getting one account to update. I will somehow have to get that data entered again since the close processes makes it no longer available. THEN, I called Quicken help and sent a good couple of hours with a first line tech rep to no avail. She did the same thing we did last Friday with a guy for Guatemala City. I asked for someone higher up in the chain but they were not available. She told me I would have to call back at various times to find out if the higher ups are available that can look at my problem.

As soon as I can find a good replacement for Quicken I will delete Quicken and go with the new process. [Removed - No Soliciting]
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Alan Edward ,

We are sorry about this problem with deactivating accounts, and for this negative interaction with support.

Can you tell us what seems to have gone wrong when trying to deactivate the accounts? To answer your earlier question about whether or not the deactivated account would still be ‘visible online:' if you are referring to the account being visible in your online banking history through the financial institution's website, then, ‘yes.' Otherwise, it will not be updated in the Quicken software after a One Step Update if it has been deactivated.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared

• Alan Edward
    Options
    I have spent time today with Wolfram in tech support (about 6 hours all told) in solving my problems of not being able to update. Of course getting to someone who knew what to do took about 2 hours also. First line tech people only work from scenarios and do not know how to work all the angles to correct problems. Thank you so much for answering my deactivate and viewing online banking history questions too! BTW there are some other threads of mine that can be closed out too.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options

Hello @Alan Edward

We are happy to hear that the situation seems to be resolved, although we are sorry to hear that it required such a time investment. Thank you for checking back in with us to let us know how things turned out.

Sometimes, when something goes wrong during an account activation, it may create a duplicate account. You can use the steps provided above in situations such as this. The deactivated accounts will not receive any additional updates or transactions, which will make things less confusing.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Regards,

Quicken Jared

This discussion has been closed.