Bank of America downloaded transctions

Options
I do a ‘One Step Update’ for my Bank of America accounts. Normally, the transactions show in the Downloaded Transaction section of the various accounts, i.e., checking, savings, credit cards, etc. Recently (approx. Feb.15), transactions downloaded for the Checking have been showing up in the Downloaded Transaction section of Savings. The Savings transactions are not being downloaded. The ‘Online Balance:’ for the Checking and Savings is not correct.
I have Reset and Reauthorized all my BoA accounts since the above and still get the same results.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hello @NeilB ,

We are sorry about this issue with transactions being downloaded into the wrong account. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File… in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed to Deactivate both your Checking and Savings account by using the steps listed here, under the heading, Deactivate an account. Next, Reactivate the accounts by following the steps listed under To Reactivate Account(s), but this time, be very careful to link each account by making sure the names match in the Add Account screen under the Action column in the dropdown menu labelled Link to existing account when attempting to reactivate the accounts.

I hope to hear about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• NeilB
    NeilB Member
    Options
    Thank you, Jared. Everything you suggested worked. What I had not noticed was the secondary drop down in the 'Action' column at 'Link to existing account' where I can pick to correct account. All is well again.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @NeilB ,

Thanks so much for getting back to us with your results. I am so glad to hear that everything appears to be in working order, now, and that the instructions provided earlier were helpful. Occasionally accounts need to be reactivated - and that's fine - but sometimes they get linked to the wrong Register in Quicken; in cases such as these, the steps provided above should resolve the problem.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared

This discussion has been closed.