One Step Update Keeps Crashing Quicken

I've tried everything I can find in recommendations from the community including installing the Mondo Update, rebooting, validating and super validating the file, logging out for 30 seconds etc. Also I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the problem persists. I can update my Wells Fargo account for some reason if I just update that account only. But nothing else.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @rdissman ,

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services and crashes. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

To be clear, when you mention ‘logging out for thirty seconds,' do you mean that you have already refreshed the registration token? If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

• Navigate to Edit
    • Preferences...
    • Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    • Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    • Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    • Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• rdissman
    rdissman Member
    Thanks for your reply. I tried this and it did not work. Still crashes. It seems to just get stuck and when I finally click anywhere on the screen the top menu bar says "One Step Update Progress (Not Responding)" and then another small window pops up Quicken Windows is not responding, close the program or wait for program to respond. I've tried both options with no luck. This is running on a brand new HP Pavillion. Worked fine on my old one. Any other ideas?
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @rdissman ,

We are sorry that this issue continues even after refreshing the registration token. Thank you for getting back to us with your results.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer… in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on the computer and not an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• rdissman
    rdissman Member
    Its located on This PC > Windows (C:) > Quicken Backup
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @rdissman

Thanks for answering my earlier question about the location of the data file.

One other option left to us is to try copying your data file. Please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. All internal lists and database tables will be replaced. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward.

With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:

• Navigate to File
    • Select Copy or Backup File...
    • Select Create a copy or template
    • Click Next 
    • Select a file location on your computer
    • Click Save Copy
    • Select New Copy
    • Click OK

I hope to hear more from you about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• rdissman
    rdissman Member

OK that solution worked. I was able to create a copy and then reconnect the online services for each account and it works now. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.