All my credit card accounts were deactivated

GA Hiker
GA Hiker Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
After a week or so of wrestling with RtnCap transactions that wouldn't work, which included validating, super validating, and renaming my file, I thought I was finally back to normal. But today, when I tried to download my credit card transactions, I found out that all those accounts had somehow been deactivated. (This only happened in my personal Quicken file; all was okay in the joint file I have with my husband.) I was able to reactivate all my cards except one. On that one, when I clicked setup, Quicken froze and beeped if I tried to do anything at all, as if a dialog box were open and needed to be dealt with first. But there was no dialog box. Esc did nothing. Three times I used Task Manager to end Quicken. Finally, I deleted and successfully re-added the account, grateful that it had no transactions in it yet.

What would cause the bulk deactivation of my credit card accounts?

What could cause the freeze when I tried to activate that one account?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Bulk deactivation? As far as I know, File Copy is a likely candidate. Having Quicken create a copy of the file has the consequence that all online connections are deactivated in the copy. The original file is not affected. If your situation is only cc accounts deactivated and not other accounts, there must be some other trigger.

Freeze? I have not been following those posts but there have been several.

• GA Hiker
    GA Hiker Member ✭✭
    > @q_lurker said:
    > Bulk deactivation? As far as I know, File Copy is a likely candidate. Having Quicken create a copy of the file has the consequence that all online connections are deactivated in the copy. The original file is not affected. If your situation is only cc accounts deactivated and not other accounts, there must be some other trigger.

Thank you. File Copy is definitely the cause of the mass deactivation. Credit cards are the only accounts that I download (other than security prices). I'll search the community for freeze posts.
This discussion has been closed.