Quicken 2015: installed on another computer, have .ini file and data file, installed Mondo Patch17.4

puzzledkate
puzzledkate Member
I also changed the permissions, as I saw in a similar thread to all boxes checked.

After all that, I'm able to log in, but can't get past the message telling me to create a Quicken ID. When I click on the Get Started blue button, I get a white screen with "Having problems with your Quicken ID? Create a new ID for your data file or Sign In with a different Quicken ID" at the bottom. Any further help?
Thanks.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest trying "Sign In with a different Quicken ID" and signing in with your current Quicken ID/password.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • puzzledkate
    puzzledkate Member
    Did that. The warning window prior to signing out had six bullet points, the first of which said "The Quicken ID will no longer be linked with this file". Then others mostly having to do with not having cloud/mobile access, but that's fine because I only use the program locally. I don't see where I can add a screenshot here, so these are the bullet points from the sign out window:
    >No accounts in this file will sync with the Quicken Cloud account using this Quicken ID.
    >You will need to sign in again with a Quicken ID to use connected services.
    >No other files that use this Quicken ID will be affected.
    >Your Data File password will remain the same as your existing password.
    >You Password Vault password will remain the same as your existing password.

Then the final warning before having to confirm signing out:
    Mobile attachments synced to this data file that you have not yet viewed on your desktop will be lost. Attachments synced to other data files are not affected.

So after signing out, there's now just the blank white screen with "Need help? Visit www.quicken/support or call us at..." which I called before posting here, but of course the rep told me they don't support Quicken 2015 any longer.

So I shut down the program, re-opened it, and the password screen comes up, but after typing in my data file password, it just goes to the same screen mentioned above, so there's no option to sign in again with a Quicken ID and no access to my data file.
  • Greg_the_Geek

Did you copy the QUICKEN.INI file in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\ from the other computer? If that doesn't work, you can try the whole Config folder.

See:

• puzzledkate
    puzzledkate Member
    I did copy the QUICKEN.INI file from the other computer, so I will now try copying the entire CONFIG folder, but since I've already installed the program onto the new computer from a disk, it created a CONFIG folder. Should I just delete the entire CONFIG folder then replace it with CONFIG folder from laptop?

Also, the thread you linked to indicated a whole other process, starting with using Revo Uninstaller which would mean I would have to uninstall Quicken 2015 and start over. I guess I'll try just replacing the CONFIG folder first?
  • puzzledkate
    puzzledkate Member
    I deleted the old CONFIG folder and copied/pasted the CONFIG folder from my old computer to the new computer, but the same problem occurred with the Quicken ID, getting the white screen, clicking the GET STARTED blue button, etc.
    I can see my data file name at the top and the bank account name in brackets, but no access to the data.
  • Greg_the_Geek

The only thing I can suggest is uninstalling Quicken 2015, reinstalling with the internet disabled, install the R17.4 Mondo patch, replace the Config folder and then running Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.