display categories on the home screen

Options
I am not sure what I did, I used to be able to display all my categories under the account list on the home screen. Now I cannot seem to find what I changed. Can some help please?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kevin Palmer

It is likely that you may have inadvertently changed the “view” that you were previously using for your “home screen”. If you click on the “Home” tab - immediately below the word “Home” - you should see a few “views” (one will be “My Money” another will be “Dashboard”. etc.). The one you are currently using will have a dark underscore (line) below it.

Try clicking on those to get back to the “view” you were previously using.

Let me know how that goes, or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Kevin Palmer
    Kevin Palmer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok Frank I am noy losing I have everything but show catagories. Have Show Credit Score and Show Ending Balance. But no Line ot check box for show catagories. I am at the latest release.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again @Kevin Palmer

Okay, based on your last post, I believe that you are actually talking about the “Account List”. There are no “categories” in the Account List, rather it is exactly what the title says - a listing of the “accounts” that you have setup in your Quicken datafile.

And what i believe you may be saying is that you no longer see all the Accounts, but rather see a small list of “account types” such as:

>Banking

>Business

>Investing

>Property & Debt

If that is the case, all you need to do to expand the list to show your accounts is to click on the little > sign that is to the left of each of the account type names. As an alternative, you can also click on the little “Gear” icon at the very top of the Account list and select “Expand All Accounts”, and that will show the full list again.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.