Why mortgage company will not download into Quicken software.

Newrez, LLC out of Dallas, TX has the mortgage note on my primary residence, however, it's being serviced by Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing also out of Dallas, TX. When trying to add my mortgage loan information to my Quicken software it does not register. The software states there is no such company in our database. Both companies provide an inadequate response: Downloading to Quicken software is not secure and we don't allow that download". Can you help? Are there many finance companies that refuse to download Quicken or Mint or any personal software programs? Can you help?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Thom Sinclair

Unfortunately, if the mortgage company or its servicing partner do not facilitate downloading into Quicken, there is nothing that we (in the Quicken Community) or Quicken, Inc. can do to help you. The financial institution must facilitate the downloading process into Quicken, and if they do not, your only option would be to manually record those transactions into your Quicken datafile.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Thom Sinclair

Unfortunately, if the mortgage company or its servicing partner do not facilitate downloading into Quicken, there is nothing that we (in the Quicken Community) or Quicken, Inc. can do to help you. The financial institution must facilitate the downloading process into Quicken, and if they do not, your only option would be to manually record those transactions into your Quicken datafile.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭

I hate, Hate, HATE Newrez. When interest rates were low, I was nagged CONSTANTLY to refinance by email, snail mail, even unsolicited phone calls. Getting off their call lists was difficult. I got tired of explaining that the numbers never worked for me because of the points I'd have to pay.

Now that rates have gone up, it's happening all over again with nags for a HELOC.

I had a mind to refinance elsewhere just to be rid of them as a servicer, but I have too good a rate to give up.

This discussion has been closed.