Bank of America Credit Card Transactions Downloading Sporadically

arvali
arvali Member ✭✭
For several weeks now, my Bank of America credit card transactions are downloading sporadically. All transactions downloaded successfully between 1/23 through 2/2. Then 5 transactions were missed between 2/3 and 2/6. Then a set of 3 transactions were downloaded between 2/7 through 2/13. Then Nothing since 2/14/23 until one download on 3/3. A total of 10 transactions have been missed between 2/14 and 3/3. I have tried resetting, deactivating, re-activating, re-authorized through BoA and best I've gotten is that single download on 3/3. I've seen threads about prior issues with BoA, so is this something new or a recurrence of a prior issue? It says it is connecting and downloading, but gets nothing. Thank you.

Comments

• arvali
    arvali Member ✭✭
    I should have specified platform and version - Deluxe, version R47.15, build 27.1.47.15, Windows 10 Enterprise.
  • VTGolfer
    VTGolfer Member
    I am having the same issue with all of my Bank of America accounts (Checking & Credit Cards) downloading transactions consistently. Seems to have started in the last month. I am running Quicken Premier ver R47.15, build 27.1.47.15, Windows 11 Home
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @arvali and @VTGolfer ,

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services and intermittent download issues. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you currently making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), pop-up blockers, antivirus software, or new firewall settings? If so, it may be necessary to turn these off in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as these items can occasionally cause disruptions in connectivity that result in BID error messages like the one described.

I hope to hear back from you soon, if you have the chance to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• arvali
    arvali Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Jared, I do not have VPN, use the Chrome built-in pop up blocker, Windows Defender, and no firewall changes. To be clear, this an update from within the Quicken stand-alone application, and not the web. The problems started in late January, and only with Bank of America downloads. All my other accounts (Chase, Capital One, Discover, Amex, USAA, Vanguard, and a dozen others) are downloading successfully without any problems. This is 100% isolated to BoA.

I don't know what a BID error message is. I get no error message at all. It says connected, downloading, processing, and it appears to have completed successfully, but no transactions are downloaded. The oddity is the single successful transaction download on from 3/3 which was downloaded on 3/6, but there were other transactions on the bank web site that were posted between 3/3 and 3/6, and near a dozen more between 2/14 and 3/3. I have no idea why only 1 transaction downloaded between 2/14 and 3/6. The only other observation to relay is that whenever I get a successful download for an account, it has a "last updated" date/time under the account name, but I do not see that on the BoA accounts.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @arvali ,

Thanks for answering earlier questions about the situation.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

• Navigate to Edit
    • Preferences...
    • Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    • Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    • Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    • Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

We await your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared

• arvali
    arvali Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jared , I will try that. I have backup on exit enabled, and keep the full 99 backup history, so I don't think the data are at risk. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.