Paypal import to quicken randomly works (Q Mac)

Options
Your_top
Your_top Member
Hello,

First, let me get this out of the way. No VPN in use, no AV software conflicts, no problems with other connections via Quicken for Mac (subscription, Monterey).

All other financial institutions work (download via Quicken Connect). Very rarely does Paypal work. I use MFA on Paypal. Quicken asks me for the MFA code from my authenticator but then has Paypal SMS me a code. The issue is that I sit there waiting for Quicken to bring up the box to enter the code about 95% of the time until it times out. About 5% of the time does Quicken bring up the box to enter the code into (I receive the SMS 100% of the time.

Is anyone else running into this?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Your_top ,

We are sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services and importing transactions as QFX files. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

When did this problem begin? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer… in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on the computer and not an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Your_top
    Your_top Member
    Options

Hi,

It started quite a while ago but the recent notification of my coming renewal started me looking into it as it degrades the value proposition.

It's stored as a local copy although there should be no issue with storing it in icloud or google drive as those should not cause damage. If they do in my view the quickbooks database format needs to be revisiting and fixed to support that.

Please review my thread, I do not have a problem opening or modifying my file. I have several financial connectors to several institutions and the only one giving me an MFA issue is Paypal.

• Your_top
    Your_top Member
    Options

An example was right now.

When I first try to download Paypal transactions, I get my MFA code via SMS (even though I have paypal setup for app code generation) and then it just sits there instead of asking me for the code (quicken).

About 10 minutes later I try again and this time it works. Quicken brings up the box where I can enter the SMS MFA.

This discussion has been closed.