Checkbook Register function

Options

I lost my hard drive several months ago (including all my old Quicken Data files) and have been egaged in recovering data and familiar software, including Quicken 2017. I have used Quicken for over 20 years (except for a temporary switch to MS Money years ago for reasons I don't recall). In 2017 I purchased Quicken 2017 Starter Edition. That software (issued before Quicken left Intuit) allowed you to connect to banks and other financial sources for a limited period of time. I found I did not want or need any connection. What I did want is the checkbook register function so I can reconcile with my credit union at the end of each month. Yesterday I bought and installed Quicken Deluxe for Windows and Mac (including a 1 year subscription) thinking I could just use the checkbook register function from it. QD did not have that function any more, or at least I couldn't find it. So today I uninstalled the new Q software and reinstalled my Quickin 2017. But I just can't seem to figure out how to restore that dearly departed checkbook register function. I don't need or want any budgeting, financial planning, retirement planning or anything else. I don't want to be connected to anything else. All I want is my Quicken checkbook register! If I have to renew each year, I will. Can someone tell me in simple language how I find the register? At present I have no Quicken Data files on my PC, that data having been lost in a hard drive failure. I thought this should be easy. I am turning to the "community" with a plea for assistance.

Thanks very much for being willing to read through this long account. Marc Jennings

Best Answers

Answers

This discussion has been closed.