Quicken is deleting double transactions and messing up my register

metzroth
metzroth Member ✭✭

So ever since Amex switched to the new web connection method, I'm having an odd issue. When the software downloads a new transaction for Toll Roads $40, which happens every 1-2 weeks, I see it in the transaction window and as the transactions are auto accepted, it gets deleted. For some reason the software is running some sort of duplicate transaction detection and deleting legitimate transactions. I can't seem to get it to stop and I've looked everywhere I can think of for a setting to turn this off. Please help! Note: In addition to Toll Road transactions, I ate at Taco Bell 2 days in a row with the same dollar amount and watched it delete that second transaction too. This is nuts.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What version are you running? Help | About Quicken.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• metzroth
    metzroth Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Version: R48.9
    Build: 27.1.48.9
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't recall ever reading about duplicate transaction detection and deletion on these forums before. You mention the transactions being auto accepted. Have you considered switching the transaction downloads to not be auto accepted so you can try out what happens when you manually accept the transactions?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• metzroth
    metzroth Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    So I misspoke when I said I had it auto accepting. My settings are that downloaded transactions have to be reviewed, so they download and put a red flag by each account. I then click on the account and go to the new transactions pane at the bottom and normally click accept all and that's when quicken was deleting the duplicates. I'm going to try accepting the transactions one at a time from now on and see what I get for a result. It will take a few days to tell if that gives a different result.
This discussion has been closed.