Paycheck reminder disappears on the scheduled date!

I've used Quicken for over a decade and the paycheck reminder worked perfectly up until six months ago.

In the past, if I didn't get around to entering my paycheck until a few days after payday, the reminder would be flagged as "Overdue." No harm, no foul, I would just enter it and it was all good.

About six months ago, if I didn't enter the paycheck information on the day before it was scheduled, the paycheck reminder would disappear! So I would edit the reminder to start on the missed payday and then enter the information. This should not be happening!

On top of that, I noticed that when I run a customized income report, the missed pay entries are showing up in the report, but not assigned to any account! It throws off the totals and, since they are not assigned to any account, I can't go to the account to delete these "ghost" entries.

I have put up with alot of Quicken issues over the years, but this one might be the last straw. if my personal accounting software can't be trusted, why am I wasting time and money using it?

And don't tell me to restore from backup and try again, it's far too late for me to do that and that is a cop-out of an answer.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you considered entering the paycheck reminder a few days before it is due?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• BruceS
    BruceS Member ✭✭
    I can't because I don't receive my pay statement until pay day.

This was not an issue in the past. Something changed and as a paying user of the software, I should not have to do "work arounds" to accommodate software issues, especially for something as simple as this.

In case you can't tell, I am losing my patience with this product.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

As a fellow Quicken user, all I can do is suggest workarounds that you can consider using until the issue is resolved by Quicken Inc.

Have you considered entering your paycheck reminders a few days before they are due, then on or after payday, editing the already entered paycheck transaction to reflect the actual values?

Regarding getting Quicken Inc to fix the issue, have you used the in product Help menu to Report a Problem?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• gpnfish
    gpnfish Member

This has been happening with me as well, as far as the scheduled payments and income dropping off the "map". Its been happening awhile, and I haven't found any way to avoid it. I have been using Quicken for a very very long time and am about to drop it, as this issue has caused me problems and makes me feel uncomfortable using the software.

• BruceS
    BruceS Member ✭✭
    I ended up calling Quicken Support and got an excellent tech support representative! It was a very pleasant experience overall!

So to resolve the disappearing income reminder, I logged out and then back in to Quicken ID by clicking on Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user.

Once I logged back in a myself, the overdue income reminders now appear as they did in the past.

The issue with the incorrect reporting was resolved by running the "Validate and Repair" process after creating a file backup. This process is found under File -> Validate and Repair File and selecting "Validate" option. Once this was complete the "ghost entries" in my reports no longer show.
This discussion has been closed.