GPU Cache folder showed on my desktop after an update.

Options
Old Eagle
Old Eagle Member ✭✭
What is this and what do I do with it? I've used Quicken for maybe 20 years and this is the first time this has happened to me.

Answers

• Stripedbass411
    Stripedbass411 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The GPU Cache folder started showing up on my desktop about a year ago when running the Quicken for Windows version. The folder can be deleted without issue after Quicken exits and it is an annoyance to have it show up from time to time.

Here is a good suggestion from @Rocket J Squirrel on how to have the folder created elsewhere:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20190620#Comment_20190620
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where's your Quicken data file located? On the Desktop, together with some other Quicken-related folders? Elsewhere?

My Quicken data file is located in \Documents\Quicken. That makes the GPU Cache folder appear in \Documents\Quicken\GPUCache.

• Stripedbass411
    Stripedbass411 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    My quicken data files are in a different location from where Quicken for Windows is installed. The data files themselves are on an external NAS device drive and Quicken is installed on my Windows desktop computer at ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken".

My original Quicken desktop shortcut looked like the attached "QuickenShortcut_Before.JPG" file where the "Start in" folder for the shortcut was blank which defaulted to the desktop folder itself and this is where the GPU Cache folder kept getting created. I changed the Quicken desktop shortcut to look like the attached "QuickenShortcut_After.JPG" file where the "Start in" folder for the shortcut is now "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Quicken". Granted the GPU Cache folder still gets created at times but now it will be done off the desktop and as a subfolder of "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Quicken".
  • Old Eagle
    Old Eagle Member ✭✭
    Options
    In response to UKR. My data file is located just as yours is. The GPUCache folder is there. As stated in my original ? this is the first time it appeared on my desktop. I didn't know what it was. I deleted it. We'll see if it reappears with the next update.
This discussion has been closed.