monthly budgeting spending is way out of wack

CMH hawley
CMH hawley Member ✭✭
on this month's budget, it is starting out with a -10900.00 to the top spending of the budget. No idea where this amount is coming from but it is causing havoc. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

First make a backup copy of your data file. Next go to File>Validate And Repair File and select Validate file. Run it to see if anything is corrupted in your data file. Hopefully you have been saving backup files since you last validated the file.

What version of Quicken are you using? Also can you post a screen shot of where the -10,900.00 value is being displayed?

• CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    After posting my issue I played around with reports and found out where this dollar amount was coming from. Somehow I had an entry in my register in this dollar amount which was throwing the budget over. However, I do have another issue that maybe you can help me with. Seems whenever there is an update with quicken I lose my file and have to search for my backup to restore it. Is this normal procedure?
  • pklocke
    pklocke Member ✭✭✭
    Actually, there is a bug in recent release. I had exact same issue. Quicken is "making up" Everything Else line item budgets under each Category. See this post I made: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7931706/one-step-update-trashing-budget-settings#latest
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

@CMH hawley Normally your file shoud be located in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Quicken\FileName.QDF. If it is not in this location I would copy it there, open that file, close the file then delete the file in the location that you moved it from. Quicken should update normally from there on.

This discussion has been closed.