Bulk editing category names is not working on Mac OS

glfimdu
glfimdu Member

I'm editing the category names and followed the instructions to bulk edit but it is not working. I can select the transactions, get the pop up that shows current category name and the spot to enter the new category name. Hit enter and nothing happens. I didn't have this problem before the most recent update. It's happening on my Capital One transactions so not sure if that is related as I am also getting error codes (reported to Quicken) when trying to update my accounts. Thanks.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta

None of the transactions are splits? And when you enter the new category name, the checkbox in front of it is (automatically) selected?

Still works for me normaly in 6.12.4

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023

When you enter the new category name, does a check mark appear in the box next to it? That check mark tells Quicken you want to change that field; it should get checked automatically when you change the category, but if it doesn't that would prevent the transactions from getting updated.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• glfimdu
    glfimdu Member

Yes. The check marks are there and there aren't split transactions. I have at times had to re-enter the name of the old category and I type it exactly. I've done this multiple times, checking the instructions to make sure I'm following them.

Not sure if this is related but when I was creating the new categories (actually sub-categories), they would disappear. I'd be able to select them individually since I couldn't bulk edit. I could edit the transaction with the new sub-category then later it would disappear. I checked the category list and the new ones I entered weren't there any longer. I re-entered this new sub-categories multiple time, re-entered the change on individual transactions and same thing. I currently have a bunch of uncategorized transactions because of this.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

If your Quicken data file is stored on a cloud service or in a folder that is synced to a cloud service (iCloud, Dropbox, etc) you should move it to a folder on your Mac's drive that isn't synced. Quicken doesn't play well with cloud storage. (It's OK to have your Quicken backup folder be on the cloud, though.)

If you have Mobile Sync turned on (in Quicken Settings on the Mobile, Web & Alerts tab) and you don't use Quicken on a mobile device or the Quicken web app, then try turning Mobile Sync off.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• glfimdu
    glfimdu Member

Thank you. This seems to be working!

This discussion has been closed.